“Salmon with Asparagus and Mashed Ghana Yam“
1. ½ salmon fillet
2. 1cup Ghana Yam
3. ½ lb. thin asparagus
4. 1 tbsp. oil
5. ½ tsp. salt
6. ½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper and Chive Flowers
7. Bell Pepper and Onion for garnish
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil.
2. Place salmon pieces 1 in. apart in the center of baking sheet.
3. Arrange asparagus around salmon. Drizzle all with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper, bell pepper and onions. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning asparagus once until salmon is opaque in center and asparagus are crisp-tender.
4. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add Vega Ghana Yam and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain. In a small saucepan heat, butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into Ghana Yam until smooth and creamy.
5. Different Takes: Sprinkle asparagus with 1 1⁄2 tsp dried tarragon. Serve with lemon wedges. Use milk instead of water to make the mashed potatoes creamier.
Serve and enjoy!