Coconut Easter Cake
Easter is just around the corner and we wanted to give you some fun ideas to impress everyone around the diner table!
- 1 baked and cooled bundt cake
- 1 1/2 cups shredded dry coconut
- 224 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups Easter candy eggs
Optional: 1 tsp coconut extract
- Invert the bundt cake onto a cake stand or serving platter.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tablespoon cream, vanilla and coconut extracts with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add 1 more Tablespoon of cream to thin out, if desired. Taste. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Frost the cooled bundt cake. Top the entire cake with coconut. Fill the center with candies. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours. *Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for 5 days.