Coconut Easter Cake
Easter is just around the corner and we wanted to give you some fun ideas to impress everyone around the diner table!
- 1 baked and cooled bundt cake
- 1 1/2 cups shredded dry coconut
- 224 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream or milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups Easter candy eggs
Optional: 1 tsp coconut extract
Invert the bundt cake onto a cake stand or serving platter.
Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar, 1 Tablespoon cream, vanilla and coconut extracts with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add 1 more Tablespoon of cream to thin out, if desired. Taste. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
Frost the cooled bundt cake. Top the entire cake with coconut. Fill the center with candies. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 24 hours. *Cover leftover cake tightly and store in the refrigerator for 5 days.