Spicy Sauteed Fuzzy Squash
Looking for different ways to spice up your cooking? Then look no more! This flavorful side dish will not disappoint.
Cuisine :Asian, Middle Eastern
- 2 medium fuzzy squash, peeled and halved lenghtwise
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice-wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add the garlic, ginger and melon and saute for 2 minutes, until the melon has absorbed the oil.
- Add 1/4 cup water and saute, stirring occasionally, until it evaporates.
- Repeat this process, adding water in 1/4-cup increments, until the melon is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar and red-pepper flakes and saute for another minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.