The most important benefits of golden berries are derived from their high antioxidant content. Antioxidants are plant compounds that protect against and repair the damage caused by free radicals, which are molecules linked to aging and diseases, such as cancer. This makes them an ideal nutritional supplement for preventing certain chronic diseases, including various types of cancers. Antioxidants, like the carotenoids and polyphenolic compounds found in golden berries, neutralize free radicals.
Gluten-Free Golden Berry Superfood Granola
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup Cashews Raw
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Almonds Sliced
- 1/2 cup Golden Berries
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cinnamon, oats, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, cashews, chia seeds, and almonds. Mix.
- In a small bowl combine the oil and honey. Warm in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix until combined.
- Add the honey mix to the granola mixture and combine until smooth
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place granola on the sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, mix the granola around and continue to bake in 5 minutes increments, checking on it and stirring it up until toasted and cooked. (I baked mine for a total of 20 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool.