Malanga Lila Soup
This Cuban recipe is one of my favorites, is similar in consistency to a creamy potato soup, but with a much earthier flavor. I love it!
Ready in 4 minutes5
2 lbs. Vega Produce Malanga Lila. Peeled, pitted, and cut into 3/4-inch
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 cup low-salt chicken or vegetable broth
WHAT TO DO
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine oil and garlic in the custard cup.
3. Cover with foil.
4. Bake until garlic is soft, about 35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook malanga in a large saucepan of boiling water until very tender, about 35 minutes; drain.
6. Transfer malanga to large mixing bowl.
7. Add 1 cup broth, roasted garlic, oil and beat with electric mixer until fluffy and almost smooth.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Garnish with croutons