Thai Guava & Green Mango Salad
Tired of eating the same salad every day? Try this fresh, tropical salad and you will not regret it!
Cuisine :American, Mediterranean
Course:Salad, Side Dish
- 1 Thai guava
- 1 green mango
- 1 carrot
- 2 Thai chili red, finely chopped
- 2 springs green onions
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Fresh cilantro and grated lime rind for garnish
- Peel the mango, then shred the mango, guava & carrots.
- Add some chopped green onions and add cilantro leaves (not chopped)
- Dressing: In a medium size bowl add fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, canola oil, ginger, garlic, Thai chili pepper, and lime rind. Then whisk in the oil.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad, toss the salad before serving.
So good. . .and I just can’t help adding more goodness. I love it crunchy so I added a julienned pear, dry roasted crushed cashews, and garnished with minced Chinese chives. I’m not saying this salad needs those additions to make it delicious; I had them on hand so they joined the party in the salad bowl.